Tag Archives: Sean Harris
Clip provided by: Jeremy Hooper of the blog Good as You
I am disgusted by this man, the people who can be heard saying “Amen!” and frankly, anyone who views feminine boys and masculine girls as flawed and in need of abuse to stop them from behaving how they have naturally developed.
Sean Harris, senior pastor of Berean Baptist Church in Fayettesville, NC, made this anti-gay speech to his congregation and it has since made its way to the ears of many. As someone who’s representing ‘God‘ and suppose to instill good morals within those he preaches too, you’d think he’d be less ignorant, hateful, cruel, belittling and the list could go on and on.
The reason this issue was even something he chose to speak about is because he supports North Carolina’s proposed Amendment 1, which would outlaw same-sex marriage. I hope that this ridiculous audio recording will hope voters see why they shouldn’t support Amendment 1 and instead allow homosexuals, like myself, the right to be able and choose if we’d like to get married. If we were to preach such hateful things about this man and his congregation and try to stop them from getting married, all hell would raise. Ironically, he’s the one who says things I could never say to someone: beat your children if they act in a way that strays from the original idea of how boys and girls should act.
“So your little son starts to act a little girlish when he is four years old and instead of squashing that like a cockroach and saying, ‘Man up, son, get that dress off you and get outside and dig a ditch, because that is what boys do,’ you get out the camera and you start taking pictures of Johnny acting like a female and then you upload it to YouTube and everybody laughs about it and the next thing you know, this dude, this kid is acting out childhood fantasies that should have been squashed.
Dads, the second you see your son dropping the limp wrist, you walk over there and crack that wrist. Man up. Give him a good punch. Ok? You are not going to act like that. You were made by God to be a male and you are going to be a male. And when your daughter starts acting too butch, you reign her in. And you say, ‘Oh, no, sweetheart. You can play sports. Play them to the glory of God. But sometimes you are going to act like a girl and walk like a girl and talk like a girl and smell like a girl and that means you are going to be beautiful. You are going to be attractive. You are going to dress yourself up.’”
- Gay Facebook Millionaire Stiffs NC Amendment Battle (bilerico.com)
- Idiot Films Himself Shooting Sign Against North Carolina’s Gay Marriage Ban [Video] (gawker.com)
- The North Carolina Legislature Really Doesn’t Like Gays (buzzfeed.com)
- Big Business Silent On NC Gay Marriage (wspa.com)
- A holy war over gay marriage (salon.com)
- NC gay marriage ban gets Sunday push in churches (wcnc.com)
- North Carolina ACLU and Equality NC launch video project against Amendment One (wilmingtonfavs.com)
- Gingrich Urges Support For Discriminatory Amendment, Warns Of Gay Marriage ‘Danger’ In North Carolina (thinkprogress.org)
- Pastor Speaks Out Against Amendment 1: ‘We Should Not Be Putting Discrimination Into Our Laws’ (thinkprogress.org)
- First Ads Go Up Against North Carolina’s Anti-Gay Amendment 1 (crooksandliars.com)