Tag Archives: New York Times
“It is my understanding that because there was no addressee, the DHL just thought well that’s the U.N. symbol so we should ship it on to U.N. headquarters and let them figure out who it was supposed to go to,” Deputy Commissioner Paul Browne, of the New York Police Department told the AFP.
Someone is going to die in Mexico, that’s for sure. I mean, to lose the product alone would be a fail on someone’s part, to to have it accidentally shipped to the United Nations?! Whoever is responsible should get the fuck out of town or just off themselves before the cartel gets a chance to do so.
“Authentic pouches have the words “United Nations” and “Diplomatic Mail” printed on the outside, as well as the body’s logo. But these cheap cotton bags had only the logo. There was no wording, no address, no manifest, no airway bill. They had been delivered from Mexico by the courier company DHL, according to diplomats who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the seizure.
“When the bags were opened, the contents appeared to be 14 notebooks wrapped in cellophane, [the U.N.'s head of security] said, but on further inspection they were found to be hollowed out and each one filled with a kilogram, about 2.2 pounds, of cocaine.”
The U.N. is reassuring everyone that this was not meant for any of the diplomats and believes that someone just thought the seal would help get it through the US Border, but apparently didn’t count on it ACTUALLY being delivered. Dumb ass drug dealers.
- Wrong addressee? Large stash of cocaine arrives at UN HQ (rt.com)
- 35 Pounds Of Cocaine Accidentally Shipped To The U.N. (cosbysweaters.com)
- 35 Pounds Worth Of Cocaine Accidentally Shipped To United Nations In New York City (inquisitr.com)
- You: 30 Pounds of Cocaine Turn Up in U.N. Mailroom (nytimes.com)
- Cocaine seized at UN New York headquarters: 16kg found in ‘diplomatic pouch’ (dailymail.co.uk)