Tag Archives: Kazakhstan
Gizmodo: “Yes, the Kazakhstan anthem from Borat. The same one that includes lyrics which extoll Kazakhstan’s prostitutes as the cleanest in the region, calls Israel Jewtown, discusses testes and is prideful of an 80% effective waste filtration system. That song. From the movie that completely embarrassed Kazakhstan.”
- Kuwait Played Borat’s Hilariously Obscene Fake Anthem as the Real Kazakhstan National Anthem [Video] (gizmodo.com)
- ‘Borat’ National Anthem: Sacha Baron Cohen Spoof Mistakenly Played At 10th Arab Shooting Championship in Kuwait (news.moviefone.com)
- High five! Kazakhstan national anthem replaced by Ricky Martin song… and Borat’s nowhere in sight (mirror.co.uk)
- Kazakh Gold Medalist Is Played Borat Anthem (idle.slashdot.org)
- Kazakhs mix national anthem with Ricky Martin’s Livin’ La Vida Loca (telegraph.co.uk)
- Kazakhstan’s Growing Film Insdustry Aims to Counter Borat Image (newsfeed.time.com)
Designers from Kazakhstan have come together to make a new, unique look (‘skid lids’) for motorcycle riders everywhere.
The company is now hoping to find a firm to manufacture them after being inundated with calls from bikers wondering how they could get their hands on them.
Rimma Fhevtfova, of Good! said: ‘We wanted to make something unusual. We wanted to make something that is outside the box and to try and think differently.
‘There is a growing cycling scene in Kazakhstan. It is much better than it was two years ago so we want to tap into that.