Tag Archives: hit
When I first read about this heroic dog, I was looking forward to an uncomplicated story of a loyal dog helping its owner. Unfortunately, I feel this owner wasn’t so deserving of this amazing dog, who risked her life.
A pit bull named Lilly, from Shirley, Massachusetts, pulled Christine Spain away from the tracks as a freight train was coming towards them. Spain was unconscious at the time, so Lilly began to do what she thought best, pull her owner from the tracks and placing herself in harm’s way. The engineer of the westward-bound train saw Lilly pulling Spain in the early morning hours of May 3rd, and although he had tried to stop, he was unable to do so before hitting Lilly and leaving Spain unharmed.
As the train passed, the train’s wheels sliced through Lilly’s right foot, fractured her pelvis in numerous locations and caused various other internal injuries.
When EMTs arrived at the scene, Lilly was covered in blood but still standing guard over her owner, who had collapsed next to the tracks while walking home from a friend’s house.
This is when I began to get angry. Why did the woman pass out and why was she walking home in the very early morning hours? My assumption is that Christine endangered her dog because she was drunk and unable to stay conscious.
Spain’s son, Boston police Officer David Lanteigne, transferred Lilly from an emergency animal hospital in Acton to Angell Animal Medical Center in Boston. In fact, Lanteigne is the one who adopted Lilly three years earlier, for his mother, in the hopes that it would help curb her drinking! AHA! While I may be wrong, this just makes me feel more confident in my original assumption. Obviously, Lilly loves the woman and wanted to save her life, but it was because of Spain’s irresponsibility that Lilly was even in that position.
“Lilly’s recovery from this horrific ordeal is my top priority right now and I’ll do everything possible to get her back home to us,” Lanteigne said.
At this point, we know that Lilly’s foot could not be saved and her right front leg had to be amputated. Luckily, the veterinarian said she should be able to walk once she fully recovers.
To make a donation to Lilly’s care and treatment, click here.
- Humpback Whales Protect a Gray Whale from Killer Whales (psychologytoday.com)
- Hero Dog Pulls Unconscious Owner From Train’s Path (huffingtonpost.com)
- Pit Bull Pulls Unconscious Owner From Path Of Oncoming Train (boston.cbslocal.com)
- Pit Bull Pulls Owner From Railroad Tracks And Loses Own Leg In Process (thecrimsoncrow.com)
- Watch: Pit Bull Takes Hit, Saves Owner From Train (abcnews.go.com)
- Dog pulls owner off railroad tracks (wave3.com)
When you’re drunk and dancing in the street at Palmer Festival, I guess this is the kind of thing that seems like a logical idea. The best thing has to be that her drunk, cocky attitude has diminished and been replaced with embarrassment. Lucky for her, the car was going at a ridiculously slow speed. Ironically, it didn’t really look like it based on how she hit that car and dropped to the ground.
- Montreal Taxi Hit and Run of the Day (drunkenstepfather.com)
- GM’s Cars Will Drop Drivers Off, Park Themselves, And Return (danielrrosen.com)
- Drunk Driving Decline May Be Due to Recession (danielrrosen.com)
- Drunk Grandparents Charged After Towing 7-Year-Old In Plastic Car (dreamindemon.com)
- Things That Are Likely To Happen When I’m Drunk [Infographic] (collegecandy.com)
Chinese Crowd Lifts SUV to Rescue Run Over Child in Wenzhou
This video comes just months after the video that shocked many people across many countries of passer-by’s in China who avoided Yue Yue, a 2-year-old girl after she was ran over…twice. It is literally like you are watching two completely different groups of people that have opposing beliefs as far as morals and compassion are concerned. Well, in fact, they are.
This video shows a 5-year-old girl who is protesting going to Kindergarten. Her mother (I’m assuming) gets fed up with her attitude and resistance and walks away while she throws a temper tantrum in the middle of the street. Quickly after she walks away, an SUV drives her way and runs over the small girl. Yet, in this video as opposed to the video of Yue Yue, the woman immediately stops. Around 16 people, including the young girl’s mother, came to help lift the SUV and remove the girl from underneath. Although she was taken to the hospital, they found no injuries and released her to go to school.
People walked by when Yue Yue needed help and she ended up dying because of the injuries that were inflicted as well as the delayed response to helping her out. And, however, this girl lived because of the urgency that 16 people who were around had at the time. This is incredibly sad and difficult to understand.
- Another child run over in China is caught on camera, this time crowd rushes to lift SUV off of her (news.nationalpost.com)
- Watch: Girl Hit by SUV, Walks Away (abcnews.go.com)
- Bystanders Lift SUV Off Man (myfoxny.com)
- Video: SUV Runs over Little Girl (myfoxphoenix.com)
- Police search for SUV that ran down firefighter in San Francisco (mercurynews.com)