Tag Archives: heartbreaking
This is a truly heartbreaking story and definitely worth watching.
Ben Breedlove, 18, recorded two courageously touching videos explaining his heart condition and the few near death experiences that had happened. Coincidentally, these videos were posted by the high-school student one week before he passed away, which happened to be Christmas Day.
Breedlove lived in Austin, texas and suffered from hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, which is a disease that makes the blood muscle abnormally thick which in turn makes it rather difficult to pump blood. As he got older, he understood the severity of his disease and was aware that these near death experiences would most likely stop occurring, because unfortunately, he would succumb to his disorder. Bravely, he got in front of the camera and shared his story in two compelling videos:
Kieran Miles inspired me to do this, Thought I would share my story to the rest of the world, watch part two. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4LSEXsvRAI&feature=player_embedded
Kieran Miles inspired me to do this, Just thought I should share my story to the rest of the world, watch part 1 first. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmlTHfVaU9o
The young man you see in these videos is inspiring and shares how being different to any degree is difficult for kids to understand and cope with. Regardless of sexual orientation, physical disorders, mental disorders, emotional disorders, race, etc. Breedlove operated two YouTube channels: YouTube channels: Our Advice4You and BreedloveTV and had gained quite a following, around 80,000 subscribers.
“I watched the video he left for the world to see, and him seeing me in detail, in his vision really warmed my heart,” wrote Cudi in a message that received 1,692 notes. “We love you Ben. Forever. Thank you for loving me. To Ben’s family, you raised a real hero, he’s [definitely] mine. You have my love.”
Although I am not religious, I am happy that this young man felt at peace and is happy to know that Angels and God are on his side. For him, this made him feel good about his passing and probably left his parents with the knowledge that he would be okay. They raised a good kid with a serious issue until the age of eighteen. He seemed appreciate and kind-hearted. While he may be gone now, they can forever remember how far he had come and that he was happy with who he was. This is amazing.
- Ben Breedlove: Teen Tells Heartbreaking Story Week Before Death (huffingtonpost.com)
- Ben Breedlove: Video sick teenager made about his life 1 week before he died (dailymail.co.uk)
- YouTube Slam: Weekly video contest launched but has the Internet Got Talent? (dailymail.co.uk)
- YouTube launches video discovery experiment called YouTube Slam (9to5google.com)
- Sick teen posts final video before death (news.ninemsn.com.au)
- Ben Breedlove: Austin Teen of YouTube Fame Dies on Christmas Day [VIDEOS] (ibtimes.com)
Other Interesting Posts
Jonah Mowry was 13 going on 14-years-old when he made the original video that shocked many. Over 3 million people have seen his video, originally posted on YouTube, and had felt sorry for the young man who seemed to have no friends, and severe depression. Here is that video:
After this video got recognition from virtually everywhere online, Mowry has made another video. Unfortunately, this one shows a very different side of Jonah that has made a lot of people question whether the original video was a fake. Here is that video:
The video is a repost because Jonah had deleted it off his own account, most likely due to the criticism he has received. But honestly, the boy is in eight-grade and I know when I was that young I pretended to be a lot of things to fit in, I was immature, and contradicting myself was not uncommon. You be the judge here, but either way, he has gone viral and can expect attention, good or bad.
- Heartbreaking Anti-Bullying Videos – The Jonah Mowry ‘Whats Goin On’ Video is Heart-Wrenching (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- WATCH: Bullied Gay Teen Jonah Mowry Is A Firework (queerty.com)
- Bullied Teen Jonah Mowry Is Doing Well And Happy!!!! (perezhilton.com)
- Stars reach out to bullied teen who shares fears in video (ctv.ca)
- Bullied Teen Shares Story of Pain and Perseverance in Online Video [Video] (gawker.com)
Other Interesting Posts
This is a wonderful video that shows an American soldier reading a bedtime story to his two-year-old daughter, who is delighted to see her Daddy. Although there has been some reports mentioning that he was overseas at the time that his daughter viewed this video, that is not the case.The soldiers wife, and adorable girl’s mother, has updated her YouTube with the following:
I want to take this opportunity to clear up a few things and explain our particular situation. I’ve received a lot of comments about my husband being overseas, but he was not deployed. He had to leave for two months to attend Basic Military Training in Texas, as he just enlisted in the USAF. Our daughter didn’t understand him leaving or how long he’d be gone, or if he’d come back. She’s so young and I didn’t want her to think he just vanished. Prior to his departure, he recorded several videos of him talking with her, reading to her, making silly faces, ect. Once he left, every day she would ask “daddy back? see daddy?” and I was so grateful to have something to show her. In this particular video, our kitten knocked something off the shelf in the living room and it made a noise. She was trying to get daddy’s attention to tell him “silly kitty.”
In any event, I believe the confusion stemmed from me tagging this with “kids and deployments.” I apologize for the misunderstanding, but I tagged that so that other families could hopefully find this and get the idea to create similar videos for their children. And not just military families, anyone who has to leave for any amount of time. It’s so important that kids know they are loved.
Thank you everyone for your interest and kind words. There are sacrifices in being a military family, but technology today is so great in helping to ease the pain. I’ll be honest, on difficult nights I was known to have him read me Farmer Mickey, as well.
Seeing a child, unaware that the person she is communicating with isn’t really there, is still amazing. For her, she is able to see her daddy and share a hug with him. To her, this is easy to deal with him not being there because in her mind, he is. Hopefully when he does get deployed (if that happens), she’ll be more understanding hen she sees these videos that he’s taken so much time to create for her. Sadly, he doesn’t get to share his daughter’s same joy because while he is away, he doesn’t receive any videos. Luckily, he is not overseas and will be reunited with both his daughter and his wife soon enough.
- Toddler Treats Her Military Father’s Computer Image Like the Real Thing [Video] (gizmodo.com)
- Will You Give This To My Daddy? (jbournesblog.wordpress.com)
- Girl reunited with ‘Daddy Bear’ lost on interstate (msnbc.msn.com)
- Parents struggle to squeeze in bedtime read (time4sleep.co.uk)
Other Interesting Posts
- [VIDEO] ‘Rated T For Tolerance’ – by a very ignorant, anti-gay, Christian teen
- [VIDEO] Boyfriend Helps Girlfriend Rope Swing from Cliff
- [VIDEO] Hilarious: Brick Stone Really Pisses Off Westboro Baptist Church
- [VIDEO] Amazing: High School Basketball Player Tosses Ball to Mentally Challenged Player
- [VIDEO] Stoner, Stephen Pay, Robbed During His Live Web Show