Tag Archives: freedom
Kid Rock and actor Sean Penn have come together and made a very informative, and funny, video for the American people. While the two have very different political beliefs, they are able to come together and learn something from one another. Being stubborn and believing that your viewpoint is the only one, is harmful to society. Don’t let the issues divide us as a nation.
This video highlights the many differences that have been made clear during this campaign for Presidency and shows how all of those ridiculous matters are so insignificant. Both men are able to put their opposing beliefs aside and work to develop a relationship and leads to this great video.
“Americans” is a short, public service film starring Sean Penn and Kid Rock, directed by Jameson Stafford. The goal of the film is to tear down the one-dimensional political stereotypes portrayed by the media by confronting them head on. It reminds us that what really matters is that we’re all Americans, with diverse thoughts, opinions and stances on issues. We are millions of unique, individual parts, the sum of which comprise a whole that is the shining beacon of freedom throughout the world.
The film reminds us to be proud of our differences, and to never forget that we’re all in this together as Americans.
This is a beautiful video that shows just how “normal” homosexuality is and how we deserve the right to get married just like any other “normal” couple. Being gay is something that people in every country have to deal with; How that country deals with homosexuality varies. Our concern of ending discrimination shouldn’t just be taking place in our own countries, but also those around us that have a fighting chance of making a change.
I love my girlfriend. It’s an honest, loyal, respectful relationship and I want to show the child(ren) we plan to have that we are no different from anyone else. We are loving parents who would do anything for them, regardless of the fact that our country, who should be taking care of us, has refused to do so. We are strong-willed people who will not stop fighting for our freedom. End the fight and allow us the freedoms, not privileges, that other people get without question.
music: Oliver Tank – Last Night I Heard Everything in Slow Motion
- Guyanese, resist all calls to discriminate! (kaieteurnewsonline.com)
- Uganda’s President Claims ‘There Is No Discrimination, There Is No Persecution’ Of Gay People (thinkprogress.org)
- -City in Kansas May Force Churches to Host Gay Weddings? (answersforthefaith.com)
- The man who believes he can help gay people turn straight (telegraph.co.uk)
- Battle for Marriage is Center Stage in New Hampshire (americanclarion.com)
- Iranian cleric: LGBT are inferior to dogs and pigs (rawstory.com)
- Ugandan President Denies Anti-Gay Discrimination Exists: VIDEO (towleroad.com)
- Bryan Fischer: Romney’s gay spokesman a security risk (rawstory.com)
I don’t care about the consequences of people knowing how I feel about this video and the atrocities committed by some Americans. This video highlights how our actions are affecting those around the world and how our soldiers seem to be completely detached from any emotions. I am not in any way blaming this on all military persons, but the government’s decision to go to war with other countries only to put more money into their greedy pockets and drain the already poor countries resources is sickening. Some of those soldiers over there are good men and women, but there are also some who are not and take advantage of the situation that they’ve been put into (I’m referring to the soldier killing 17 civilians and the soldier throwing a puppy).
We don’t have freedom, what we have is the appearance of freedom. Everyday we are being stripped of our rights and being prepped for a government takeover. I’m not saying this will happen now or even in 100 years, but the way we are handling ourselves as a country is not the America I had read so much about, as a child. The price of gas is going up, foreclosures and bank owned properties are almost all that’s left in the real estate market, we could be arrested if the government has “probable cause” and never have to be tried by a jury and held for as long as they insist, and most recently, Obama signed a bill that stated his administration could take control of our food, energy, water, etc.
This video highlights many things that we may have known, may have not wanted to know, or were too unaware to know, but either way, this is the truth. People see America in a way that we cannot. Our media is controlled and we are only shown so much (freedom?) and able to form unintelligent decisions. I am heartbroken at knowing the state of our country, economy and reputation. Is this the American Dream?
- Abbas Honors Terrorist Who Stabbed IDF Soldier (israelnationalnews.com)
- Death to liberal terrorists! (luvsiesous.com)
- A Soldier’s Perspective (terribradyblog.com)
- Letter: Why does America get involved in all wars? (tcpalm.com)
- “Terrorists” at Home (project-syndicate.org)
- Details of Terrorist’s Video Disclosed (israelnationalnews.com)
- The Economics of the War on Terror (azizonomics.com)
- Only in the US: Destroy America Tweet Makes You A Terrorist (ryocentral.info)
- Obama’s Deal With The Devil Will Reign Hell In America, Around The World (neosecularist.com)
[VIDEO] Pastor Dennis Terry Introduces Rick Santorum With An Anti-Gay, Pro-Life, Conservative Bullshit Speech
I am sorry, but if Rick Santorum, a man who clearly believes in the message that Pastor Dennis Terry is so eloquent at expressing, becomes President, our FREEDOM as American‘s will be threatened. Pastor Dennis is a hateful man who doesn’t understand or appreciate diversity; He is also ignorant. The man explains that we’re not allowed to pray in public, which is definitely far from the truth. What they did enforce was not MAKING children pray at school, because spirituality and religion should be an independent decision for each person. Sadly, we still have parents that believe forcing religion down their children’s throats is the best thing to do, but at least we don’t have the government and our teachers telling us what we should believe.
Also, this man is fighting to keep things how they were and I understand why, but fortunately, most of us would like to advance and allow our religious beliefs to grow as well. If we never changed what we believed and how we did things, we might still have slaves, treat women like dogs and have men being arrested for sodomy. I believe that if there were a God (which I do not believe), then why would he be so egotistical to only allow those that worship and accept him into heaven? Wouldn’t you think he would prefer people who lived their lives morally as opposed to those who just accepted him in the hopes of being redeemed for their sins? I know I’d rather be around people with my same morals in the after life and not some child molesters, murderers, and rapists that have seen the light and accepted Jesus as their savior. So, if that’s the case, leave me down here to burn in hell with people who have respect for one another, not because they have to, but because it’s simply the right thing to do.
- For Multi-Faith Nation, Santorum Is a Good Thing (lezgetreal.com)
- Pastor Dennis Terry Introduces Rick Santorum, Tells Non-Christians To ‘Get Out’ Of U.S. (mediaite.com)
- News: Dame Edna, Rhinos, Justin Bieber, Nepal, Reza Farahan (towleroad.com)
- In a Rick Santorum World: Freedom for a Few (fidlerten.com)
- Is Rick Santorum Right on Banning Internet Porn? (usnews.com)
- Rick Santorum Crowd Boos Male Hecklers’ Kiss, Start Chanting ‘U-S-A!’ (mediaite.com)
[VIDEO] Ellen DeGeneres Praises Overturning Of Prop 8 And Blasts “One Million Moms” For JC Penney Boycott
- Ellen DeGeneres Addresses Prop 8 and JCPenney Protest (hollywood.com)
- Celebs celebrate Prop 8 decision (cnn.com)
- Celebrities celebrate the end of Prop 8! (popbytes.com)
- Ellen Eviscerates Hate Group OneMillionMoms (bilerico.com)
- Celebs Tweet Their Support for Prop 8 Ruling! (ecorazzi.com)
Today is a day to celebrate. The 3-judge panel of the US 9th Circuit Court Of Appeals has made the obvious decision that banning gays from getting married is unconstitutional. Although many of us already knew this, we were dreading the fact that the ‘YES On 8‘ campaign had taken it upon themselves to appeal the original ruling of being unconstitutional.
For more, there is a copy of the court’s decision here.
Santa Clara University constitutional law Professor Margaret M. Russell said the ruling overturned Proposition 8 on “the narrowest grounds possible,” which makes it less likely that the U.S. Supreme Court would review it.
The fact that it may not go to the Supreme Court is actually a good and bad thing. If it doesn’t make it to the Supreme Court then it may make it possible for gay Californians to get married sooner than later. On the other end of the spectrum though, I was hoping that it would be taken to the Supreme Court, because if there ruling was that it was unconstitutional, it would help to legalize gay marriage in every state in the United States. And for me, that is equality. When every state treats homosexuals with dignity and respect in the eyes of the law, that’s when we will have succeeded.
Either way, today is a day worth remembering and worth being excited about. One more ruling in our favor is just one step closer to a full victory.
- Court: Calif. gay marriage ban unconstitutional (newsok.com)
- Appeals court to rule on California’s Proposition 8 (cnn.com)
- Prop 8: California appeals court to rule on legality of gay marriage ban (guardian.co.uk)
- Calif. same-sex marriage ban ruling near (abclocal.go.com)
- The Ninth Circuit has ruled that California’s Proposition 8 is unconstitutional!!!! (perezhilton.com)
- Ruling on Calif. gay marriage ban due from court (cbsnews.com)
GOP candidates are silent when audience boos a gay soldier at their Orlando FL debate. Rick Santorum doesn’t even acknowledge the soldier’s service. The Commander in Chief calls them out on their failure to honor our men and women in uniform.