Tag Archives: fled
Johnny D. Guillen was the suspected Butt Slasher that terrorized shopping women in Fairfax, Virginia. Apparently he’s been found far from home: Peru. Guillen was the man whom authorities believed slashed the butts of 13 young women as they shopped at various retail stores in the area.
I find this case absolutely hilarious because no one was seriously injured, and the crime itself is somewhat funny. Okay, I know that slashing a woman’s buttocks with a knife isn’t appropriate behavior, but could you imagine how funny that would be years down the line to explain to people that you are the victim of a notorious but non-violent butt slasher? Amazing.
And that he tried to avoid capture is just the icing on this story. This man was so scared of being caught that he fled to Peru! And sadly, he was aware that despite the lack of severity of his crime, police would still want to close the books on this one and assure the county that their citizens were safe from this butt cutter.
- Suspected mall slasher arrested in Peru (washingtonpost.com)
- Butt Slasher Arrested in Peru (inquisitr.com)
- Johnny D. Guillen, Accused ‘Butt Slasher’, Arrested In Peru (huffingtonpost.com)
- Suspected Virginia Butt-Slasher Flees to Peru [Butts] (jezebel.com)
- Serial Butt Stabber Caught, Butts Everywhere Rejoice [Crime] (gawker.com)
- SteVe C: Man suspected in Virginia butt slashings arrested in Peru – CNN.com (cnn.com)
Donna Fountain, 38, was killed on Christmas day by a hit-and-run driver and family is now mourning their loss. Fountain’s list of dreams that she was carrying in her pocket though, make it that much more real that she deserved a much longer life.
Scribbled down on a lined sheet of paper, Ms Fountain underscored ‘My Dreams’ and had composed a list of five things she hoped to accomplish in the long life she envisioned ahead.
’Work on my dream job’, reads the top line, followed by ‘Buy a house by 45′, ‘Start housing for gay and lesbian teens’, ‘Marry the woman of my dreams’, and lastly, ‘Make sure Elijah graduates from college!
The healthcare aid worker was on her way to work when she was struck by the vehicle that took her life. Friends say she always had this list of dreams folded in her pocket and made sure to keep it with her .
The grey vehicle that struck Fountain just took blocks from her and her son’s home left her there to die. Her plans to pick up her son after school and open Christmas gifts was never able to happen. The single mother was killed around 7:30am on Christmas morning, without completing her list of dreams.
- Street lights on dark road where soldier was killed in Christmas Day accident had been switched off to save cash (dailymail.co.uk)
- Donna Fountain: Victim of Christmas Hit-and-Run Had ‘Dreams’ List in Pocket (ibtimes.com)
- Report: Woman Killed In Hit And Run Accident Carried Wish List Of Her Dreams (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Your Morning Cry: Single Mom Found Dead With A List Of Dreams In Her Pocket [Awful] (jezebel.com)
- Soldier, 19, killed in Christmas Day road accident as he prepared for Afghanistan duty (dailymail.co.uk)
Virginia Tech University is a widely known campus, mainly due to the massacre that had occurred here on April 16th, 2007. Well today, the school is facing yet another shooter, one who has already killed two people.
The school said the suspect is at large and students are being told, “Stay indoors. Secure in place.”
An alert on the Virginia Tech school’s website said: “There is an active campus alert in Blacksburg. Everyone should seek shelter or stay where you are. Blacksburg Transit service is suspended until the alert is lifted.”
A school police officer was performing a routine traffic stop around noon at the school’s Coliseum parking lot, near McComas Hall.
“During the traffic stop. the officer was shot and killed. There were witnesses to this shooting,” Owczarski said in the statement.
“Witnesses reported to police the shooter fled on foot heading toward the Cage, a parking lot near Duck Pond Drive. At that parking lot, a second person was found. That person is also deceased,” he said.
The suspect is still on the loose and there has been a description given to everyone, in case they encounter the individual. The man is apparently a white male who is wearing gray sweatpants, a gray hat with neon green on the brim, a maroon hoodie along with a backpack.
Although the last day of classes was yesterday, Wednesday, some students are still on the premises because it is Reading Day, a day of studying. All students and faculty are being urged to stay inside until the police have the situation under control.
- Virginia Tech alerts: Police officer shot, gunman at large (knoxnews.com)
- Virginia Tech: Police officer shot on campus, gunman sought (mercurynews.com)
- Shots fired in parking lot near Virginia Tech (ctv.ca)
- Virginia Tech: authorities hunt suspect after gunshots fired on campus (guardian.co.uk)
- Report: Shots Fired At Virginia Tech Campus (mediaite.com)
- Virginia Tech seeks to block fine in shooting case (sfgate.com)
Jaime Alvarado, 27, is an American citizen, but after being caught dealing cocaine, he decided to tell police that he was an illegal immigrant in an attempt at being deported back to Mexico instead. He said he was Mexican Saul Quiroz and pleaded guilty to having both cocaine and heroin and intending on distributing.
He lied about his birth date and claimed he was an illegal immigrant TWICE in front of judges.
Alvarado was facing a sentence of up to 15 years but instead was deported, according to court records.
After being deported, Alvarado who was from Salt Lake City, Utah, returned back to the US, using his real passport. If he would have stayed out of trouble, he could have avoided having been caught, but instead, he resorted back to his old ways. He was arrested on charges that were related to a previous case.
A letter that he had written to the judge explained that he did in fact lie about his identity, and asked for leniency because his family had depended on him.
He wrote: ‘I have a good job right now, a lot of little girls waiting for me and a family that will support me. It’s my first offence and my last. I want to spend the rest of my life with my kids!’
Although he was released, he was again charged in Utah’s 3rd District Court. Unfortunately, he failed to report to state authorities and now a warrant has been issued for his arrest. I don’t know about you, but I’d be willing to bet he went back to Mexico.
- Man Fakes Illegal Immigrant Status (patspapers.com)
- Man avoids jail by faking illegal immigrant status (sfgate.com)
- U.S. man fakes immigration status to avoid jail (cbsnews.com)
- US ‘dumping criminals at border’ (bbc.co.uk)