Tag Archives: endangering
A mother is facing harsh criticism (rightfully so), after being accused of injecting her 14-year-old and 16-year-old daughters with heroin and sending them off to school. Shantel Parker is also being accused of selling drugs to the girls’ classmates.
Police became aware of the situation after a witness from the school said that both girls seemed to be under the influences of drugs. Soon after, they got a warrant to search Parker’s home in Laurelville, Ohio, and discovered evidence of drug use.
Parker, who spent two years studying for a nursing degree but never graduated, was not at home when a search warrant was issued.
The 35 year old mother of two was arrested later at OSU Hospital and taken into custody.
Both of the young girls are now in the custody of Hocking County Children Services, while their mother is being held on child abuse, drug abuse, and distribution. Who knows if the list will continue to grow, but I assume so based on the seriousness of this crime.
According to the arrest warrant, Parker is not only accused of injecting the girls this one time, but this has allegedly happened numerous times. Along with this offense, the warrant states that she gave them other drugs as well as attempted to sell some to their classmates.
Sheriff’s deputies said that the children told them their mother started to give them drugs to treat pain for a toothache.
Heroin for a toothache?! I would have never thought of that! Apparently it worked because they seem to have gotten through that pain just fine. All jokes aside, this dip shit mother was booked into jail and charged with two counts of felonious assault, two counts of corrupting another with drugs and two counts of endangering children.
- Police say Ohio mom injected teen kids with heroin (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Link Between Prescription And Illicit Drug Misuse In High-Risk Populations (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Mexican researchers patent heroin vaccine (smh.com.au)
- Faces Of Addiction In Hunts Point, Bronx (buzzfeed.com)
- Scientists Create Vaccine Against Heroin High (addictionts.com)
- Bayonne man accused of dealing heroin brought his 89-year-old mother to the drug deal, cops say (nj.com)