Tag Archives: co-founder
Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple Inc., has been reported as dead. On Apple’s Home Page, there is a dedication to the man that made Apple what it has become today, the richest company in America and the only true competitor in technology advancement.
From the Wall Street Journal -
“Steve’s brilliance, passion and energy were the source of countless innovations that enrich and improve all of our lives,” Apple said in a statement. “The world is immeasurably better because of Steve.”
His family, in a separate statement, said Mr. Jobs “died peacefully today surrounded by his family…We know many of you will mourn with us, and we ask that you respect our privacy during our time of grief.”
During his more than three decade-long career, Mr. Jobs transformed Silicon Valley as he helped turn the once sleepy expanse of fruit orchards into the technology industry’s innovation center. In addition to laying the groundwork for the modern high-tech industry alongside other pioneers like Microsoft Corp. co-founder Bill Gates and Oracle Corp. founder Larry Ellison, Mr. Jobs proved the appeal of well-designed intuitive products over the sheer power of technology itself and shifted the way consumers interact with technology in an increasingly digital world.
Unlike those men, however, the most productive chapter in Mr. Jobs’ career occurred near the end of his life, when a nearly unbroken string of innovative and wildly successful products like the iPod, iPhone and iPad fundamentally changed the PC, electronics and digital media industries. The way he marketed and sold those products through savvy advertising campaigns and its retail stores, in the meanwhile, helped turn the company into a pop culture icon.
- Fortune Magazine profile of Steve Jobs hits Kindle as e-book (electronista.com)
- Top 10 Moments Of Steve Jobs (Videos) (techebook.wordpress.com)
- Steve Jobs is ‘expected’ to attend Apple’s iPhone event, but should he? (thenextweb.com)
Other Interesting Posts
- [VIDEO] Runaway Shopping Trolley Speeds Down Escalator, Crashes Into Woman and Leaves Her Dead
- Remember this Human Tiger? He DOES NOT Have Nine Lives.
- [VIDEO] Drive Thru Static Shock Prank: The New Coning, Also Much Better
- [VIDEO] Prank: Boxes Of Apple’s iPhone 5 Are Dropped In Front On People Waiting In Line…
- Samsung’s Hialrious Sense of Humor: Pays Apple $1 Billion in 5 Cents Coins