Tag Archives: Bun
Karruim Demaio was an employee at a McDonald’s in Philadelphia, when he came across a bag of buns that a mouse had crawled in. He decided that he would record the footage with his camera and wait to see what would be done with the buns before exposing this story.
‘That wasn’t the first time. That was about the sixth or seventh time. That’s what made me like, I got to get video of this.
‘I was going back there to get something else and I heard some rustling, so I turned around, and I look, I seen a mouse inside the bread. Not on top of the package, but inside of the package.’
Unfortunately for the owner of this branch, Demaio wasn’t the only employee to come forward and speak out against the health code violations that had taken place.
Ken Youngblood, the owner/operator of the McDonalds franchise said: ‘After viewing the video, we are going to continue to investigate this claim to make certain we have all the facts. I want my customers to know that I am taking this matter seriously and will immediately address any issues that may exist. Therefore, if necessary, we will work with the appropriate authorities to get the facts.
Mr. Youngblood must be forgetting the various other health code violations that they have had at this particular McDonald’s.
According the Philadelphia Health Department, live flies were found in the food preparation area; perishable food was not kept cool enough; and refrigeration units were not working correctly. However there was no evidence of any rodents being found.
The report stated: ‘The establishment is not in satisfactory compliance… And current management practices have allowed unacceptable public health or food safety conditions.’
- One City’s Healthy, Religious Residents Fighting Plans for Community’s First McDonald’s (laist.com)
- Worker films mouse in bag of Big Mac rolls in US branch (thesun.co.uk)
- McMouse on menu? Ex-employee claims to capture video of rodent rummaging through Big Mac buns (foxnews.com)
- McDonalds Worker Films Mouse in Big Mac Bag [VIDEO] (ibtimes.com)
- McDonald’s Washes Lettuce in Washing Machine? Arabian Franchise Denies Claims (ibtimes.com)