Tag Archives: Bomb disposal
A three-year-old boy in England was a proud kid, until he realized that what he had found wasn’t an easter egg; Instead, it was a hand grenade and the bomb squad had to be called and postpone any further hunting.
Stuart Moffatt, 34, along with his wife and three children, was at the Holford, Somerset event. Moffatt describes what he was thinking when he saw the toddler standing over the World War II-era explosive.
“We were beginning to count up the eggs at the end of the hunt and I saw a boy of three standing on an object,” Moffatt told the paper. “It was brown and about 4 inches high. It looked like an Easter egg, but it was a hand grenade — I was shocked. The boy who was standing on it thought it was a rock.”
After the bomb squad was informed of the explosive, they were able to disable the grenade before anyone at the event was hurt. Talk about one sick bunny.
- 3-Year-Old Boy Finds Grenade While Hunting For Easter Eggs (inquisitr.com)
- That’s NOT an Easter Egg! (neatorama.com)
- ‘Nightline’ Daily Line, April 9: Hand Grenade in a Hand Basket (abcnews.go.com)
- Grenade found during Easter egg hunt (upi.com)
- Ryan Gosling-Themed Easter Eggs Hidden Throughout New York City (eonline.com)
- When Did an Easter Egg Hunt Turn into a Parent’s Activity? (psychcentral.com)