Category Archives: California
[VIDEO] Ellen DeGeneres Praises Overturning Of Prop 8 And Blasts “One Million Moms” For JC Penney Boycott
- Ellen DeGeneres Addresses Prop 8 and JCPenney Protest (hollywood.com)
- Celebs celebrate Prop 8 decision (cnn.com)
- Celebrities celebrate the end of Prop 8! (popbytes.com)
- Ellen Eviscerates Hate Group OneMillionMoms (bilerico.com)
- Celebs Tweet Their Support for Prop 8 Ruling! (ecorazzi.com)
Today is a day to celebrate. The 3-judge panel of the US 9th Circuit Court Of Appeals has made the obvious decision that banning gays from getting married is unconstitutional. Although many of us already knew this, we were dreading the fact that the ‘YES On 8‘ campaign had taken it upon themselves to appeal the original ruling of being unconstitutional.
For more, there is a copy of the court’s decision here.
Santa Clara University constitutional law Professor Margaret M. Russell said the ruling overturned Proposition 8 on “the narrowest grounds possible,” which makes it less likely that the U.S. Supreme Court would review it.
The fact that it may not go to the Supreme Court is actually a good and bad thing. If it doesn’t make it to the Supreme Court then it may make it possible for gay Californians to get married sooner than later. On the other end of the spectrum though, I was hoping that it would be taken to the Supreme Court, because if there ruling was that it was unconstitutional, it would help to legalize gay marriage in every state in the United States. And for me, that is equality. When every state treats homosexuals with dignity and respect in the eyes of the law, that’s when we will have succeeded.
Either way, today is a day worth remembering and worth being excited about. One more ruling in our favor is just one step closer to a full victory.
- Court: Calif. gay marriage ban unconstitutional (newsok.com)
- Appeals court to rule on California’s Proposition 8 (cnn.com)
- Prop 8: California appeals court to rule on legality of gay marriage ban (guardian.co.uk)
- Calif. same-sex marriage ban ruling near (abclocal.go.com)
- The Ninth Circuit has ruled that California’s Proposition 8 is unconstitutional!!!! (perezhilton.com)
- Ruling on Calif. gay marriage ban due from court (cbsnews.com)
UPDATE: Wednesday, January 189th, 2012 at 12:40 PM - A severed hand has now been found in close proximity to where the severed head was discovered, earlier this morning. Apparently it was located about 50 yards away and found thanks to the specially trained cadaver dogs. This hand was thrown into the brush and not in a bag like the head that was found. This case is getting more an more interesting…
A severed head has been discovered off a trail underneath the Hollywood sign and is being investigated.
Investigators are treating the case as a homicide.
I love that law enforcement is intelligent enough to come to the conclusion that this is a homicide. It’s a fucking severed head that has been placed in a bag. I highly doubt we would call this a suicide or accidental death mainly because the head had been removed from their body and THEN placed into a bag. I think the fact that this is a homicide is glaringly obvious.
According to a LAPD press release: ‘The dog walkers had approximately nine dogs with them when two of the dogs started playing with an object in a bag.
The head that was found was the remains of a male and hadn’t been there particularly long, according to the detectives. As of now they’re continuing their investigation and looking for any other remains that may turn up. The coroner will be doing an autopsy and possibly help determine the identity of who this head might belong to.
- Hikers find severed head in bag under Hollywood sign (thehimalayantimes.com)
- Hollywood Sign: Human Head Found In A Bag On Hiking Trail Near Famous Hollywood Sign (huffingtonpost.com)
- Human Head Found Under Hollywood Sign (myfoxny.com)
- Human head found in bag along trail near Hollywood sign (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- Severed head found in bag under Hollywood sign, police say (losangeles.ibtimes.com)
You often hear stories of crackheads and/or other drug addicts offering themselves up in exchange for some product (crack, meth, etc.), and assume that they must be incredibly desperate to stoop so low. Well, Burbank police encountered a woman who was more addicted to chicken mcnuggets than any drug on the market. In fact, she was so desperate for some nuggets that she was offering BJ’s in exchange for the delicious chicken.
Khadijah Baseer of Los Angeles reportedly opened customers’ car doors in the drive-thru of McDonald’s on the 1700 block of Olive Avenue about 11 p.m. Wednesday, asking for free chicken McNuggets in exchange for sexual favors, Officer Joshua Kendrick said.
A man told police Baseer approached him but he refused the offer.
Baseer simply wanted to eat some nuggets (which are incredibly cheap by the way) and suck some dick, but now she’s been arrested for suspicion of prostitution. While this may seem like I support hooking, I just think if you aren’t making over $10 then it really shouldn’t be considered prostituting. Who knows, maybe she just loved to suck the peen before eating the chick.
This particular McDonald’s happens to be right around the corner from my work and I’m a little pissed I didn’t know about the chicken for BJ operation before Baseer was busted. This really could have been a wonderful employment opportunity for me…
- Woman offered sexual favors for Chicken McNuggets, police say (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- You Can’t Be Serious: California Woman Offers Sexual Favors In Exchange For McDonald’s Chicken McNuggets (bossip.com)
- How Far Would You Go For Chicken McNuggets? (stylecaster.com)
- What Chicken McNuggets are really made of… (chickennuggetsandelmo.com)
- Woman Allegedly Offered Sexual Favors In Exchange for Chicken McNuggets (laist.com)
When I saw the title ”Want to date a gentleman? Head to West Hollywood: The top ten U.S. cities to find ‘sensitive’ men,” I literally laughed my ass off. Of course you’re bound to find a sensitive guy in WeHo; The town is overpopulated with gay men. I live in West Hollywood and yes I am gay. Although it is true that the entire city isn’t occupied by homosexuals, it is well-known that a good majority are gay.
Glamourous?! This has to be a mistake. Clearly the person who discovered these findings has never set foot in West Hollywood, CA. This is more of a place for women to find fags to hag, than the loves of their lives. Either way this proves that stereotypes are true:
1. Gay men are more sensitive than the average ‘Joe’
2. Women really are desperate and searching for love in all the wrong places
ROMEO, ROMEO: TOP TEN CITIES FOR SENSITIVE MEN
- Maher Declares ‘Hate’ for Gingrich’s ‘F—— Guts,’ Santorum ‘Obsessed With Gay Sex’ (newsbusters.org)
- Arsonists assault West Hollywood (pinkbananaworld.com)
- West Hollywood Relaunches GoGayWestHollywood.com; Gay Travel Site is Smarter, Sexier and More Stylish than Ever (Just Like Our Visitors) (prweb.com)
- The Virgin Mary Has Been Hanging Out At Gay Bars, Specifically: Hamburger Mary’s (practikel.com)
- Casebolt & Smith Bring ‘O(h)’ To West Hollywood (laist.com)
- Bill Maher Talks About Rick Santorum’s Obsession with Gay Sex and Sweater Vests: VIDEO (towleroad.com)
- You: Rapper ‘Tyler, the Creator’ arrested in West Hollywood for vandalism at The Roxy Theatre (washingtonpost.com)
Okay so for those of you who are familiar with the West Hollywood and/or Long Beach hamburger Mary’s, the Virgin mary has not made an appearance here in California. Apparently, Florida sounded more appealing and she’s been hanging on the wall in the humidity state.
A Florida restaurant, the Hamburger Mary, has been given new meaning to its name after customers spotted an image of the Virgin Mary on a wall.
Staff at the restaurant – known for its gay karaoke and drag queen bingo nights – only noticed the image this week after some customers noted its appearance on a stainless steel plate on the wall near the kitchen.
It’s a steel plate….
Aren’t most people aware that the reflection of the light is going to make different images appear on the plate at different times and from different angles?
Todd (the manager) hopes that the faithful will now flock to her restaurant.
‘We need as much guidance and overlooking as we can get!’ she told WTSP.com with a laugh.
If it’s as popular in Florida as it is out here in california, then I can guarantee the place is not desperate for patrons. And I doubt that the religious figures would be wanting to stay around after they see some of the crazy crap us gays do during Drag Queen Bingo ha.
- Catholic Action Group Destroys Virgin Mary Pregnancy Test Poster (pinkbananaworld.com)
- PHOTOS: Catholics Flock To Mexico For Virgin Mary Festival (huffingtonpost.co.uk)
- Virgin Mary: Kidnapped And Held For Ransom (mumbailaity.wordpress.com)