True Hero: 6-Year-Old Boy Killed By Intruder After Trying to Protect His Older Sister From Being Raped
This is a story of a true hero who sadly lost his life by doing one of the most brave things a person, yet alone a child, could ever do. Sadly, I’m a bit disheartened at the way that DailyMail has tried to portray this as “an intruder high on marijuana“. This story should show the heroism of this boy, and it does, but it also uses this as an opportunity to criticize marijuana. While it is true that there was marijuana in the man’s system, there was more than just that, which they tell you later in the article.
A six-year-old boy who was killed by an intruder high on marijuana had been trying to save his sister from the attacker, a court heard yesterday.
Dominick Andujar was allegedly stabbed to death by Osvaldo Rivera, 31, who was also accused of slashing the throat of the boy’s 12-year-old sister.
The girl, whose condition in hospital has been upgraded from critical to stable, suffered a slashed windpipe.
Oh, so marijuana AND PCP? Okay, now THAT makes sense. Unfortunately, far too many people have already heard that the intruder was simply “high on marijuana” and pay little attention to the fact there it was laced with PCP. Convincing the public that marijuana is a horrific drug by implying that it was the cause to this horrific incident is pathetic and dishonest, in my opinion.
Now, let me get back to the real issue here, a 6-year-old hero that is much more brave than many adults.
The attack took place on Sunday morning around 2:30am. After Rivera had snuck into the home, he attacked the children. The young girl had a gash in her neck and ran screaming through the streets, while the brother who tried to protect her, sadly, became a victim of murder.
The 12-year-old was able to help police track down the attacker by identifying him as what sounded like ‘Poppy.’ Investigators learned Rivera was known by the nickname ‘Popeye’ and had spent nights at an apartment in the area of the city.
Police found him hiding between a mattress and bedroom wall in the apartment. They said they also found blood-stained sneakers that matched bloody footprints in the home where the children were assaulted.
The children were being watched by a 14-year-old girl, authorities said. The teen, who was unharmed, was caring for them because their mother recently underwent surgery and was still in the hospital.
All of this took place in Camden, across a river from Philadelphia and is widely known as a dangerous place. In fact, it is often known as one of the most dangerous places in the nation. Police are investigating if the “wet” that is now on the streets could be leading to more violent behavior. While the young hero didn’t survive this ordeal, he did a great thing for his sister, who is a hero in this story as well. Not only did she survive, but she was able to identify her attacker and avenge the death of her baby brother.
The man who did this:
- Officials testing drug linked to grisly child killings in Camden
- Camden stabbing update: 6 year-old Dominick Andujor died saving sister from drug-fueled attack
- $5M bail set for NJ man in attack on sleeping kids
- Police: NJ boy, 6, killed saving sister in attack
Other Interesting Posts
- [UPDATED] Trent Mays and Ma’lik Richmond Convicted: Leaked Steubenville ‘Rape’ Video
- [UPDATED] Mallory Owens Now Fears For Her Life: Lesbian Brutally Beat By Girlfriend’s Brother On Thanksgiving
- Uganda’s Anti-Gay Bill to be Passed by End of Year Despite Criticism Abroad
- [VIDEO] New Jersey Family’s Theatrical Explanation of Hurricane Sandy’s Destruction: Pretty Funny
- [UPDATED] [AUDIO] Sandusky Sentenced to 30-60 Years in Prison: Jerry Sandusky Claims His Innocence Prior to Sentencing