High School Principal Tells Gay Students They’re Going To Hell
A high school principal in Tennessee had told students during an assembly that gay students would be going to hell. Haywood High School principal Dorothy Bond, is responsible for informing these students that gay students would be going to hell, based on her religious beliefs. A student has said that she singled out both pregnant and gay students:
“At first she was talking about PDA and she turned around and she directly pointed to the gay people and said: if you’re gay you’re going to hell and if you’re pregnant, your life is over.”
Sadly, this isn’t the first time that this authority figure has bashed students at her school. One parent in the district said that years ago she made horrendous remarks as well.
“A couple of years ago… at an assembly she told the young men if they’re sitting between the legs of a girl getting their hair braided for a few hours, that they must be gay.”
This all happened while the “Don’t Say Gay” Bill is gaining recognition, approval and criticism. Obviously, Tennessee needs someone to stand up for the gay people in their community, especially the youth, that all too often fall victim to bullying.
I’m writing to you to express my dismay over recent remarks made by Haywood High School principal Dorothy Bond, in which she reportedly told LGBT students they were going to hell. Haywood’s non-discrimination policy does not, unfortunately, protect LGBT students which is why it’s so important that school leaders do all they can to create safe and welcoming learning environments for all their students.
Unfortunately, Ms. Bond’s remarks do the exact opposite and feed an atmosphere of hostility against students who are or who are perceived to be lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender. Regardless of her personal or religious beliefs, Ms. Bond has a responsibility to protect and nurture all of her students. By singling out LGBT students in such a horrifying way, she has failed in that responsibility.
I urge you to immediately open an investigation into this incident and other allegations of anti-LGBT behavior by Ms. Bond on school grounds in her professional capacity, and take appropriate action.
- NH School Principal Dives In River To Rescue Boy (wellwisher.wordpress.com)
- Freedom of Speech for All Unless You’re a Gay Teen From Tennessee (pinkbananaworld.com)
- Sheriff Paul Babeu Discusses LGBT Issues, Said He’s Talked to Log Cabin and GOProud (towleroad.com)
- Notre Dame Students Demand Adoption of Gay-Straight Alliance, LGBT Non-Discrimination Policy: VIDEO (towleroad.com)
- MTV And Logo Tell LGBT Millennials “It Gets Better” In A New Special (ypulse.com)
- Ted Horrell, Germantown High School Principal, Apologizes For Presentation On Race, Test Scores (huffingtonpost.com)
- Elementary school principal arrested for sex with student (abclocal.go.com)
Other Interesting Posts
- Andrew Christian Splashes onto the Social Scene [VIDEO]
- [VIDEO] [NSFW] Farrah Abraham’s Leaked Porn Photos and Video Defending Her Choice
- Georgia GOP Chairwoman, Sue Everhart, Warns Of ‘Free Ride’ Gay Marriage Fraud
- [VIDEO] Adopted Son of Two Gay Dads: Daniel’s Letter To Chief Justice Roberts
- [UPDATED] Mallory Owens Now Fears For Her Life: Lesbian Brutally Beat By Girlfriend’s Brother On Thanksgiving