Daily Archives: February 6, 2012
Duffy said she “didn’t want to take the ‘Terrible Tom’ stories at face value,” so on Thursday she went to the neighborhood and tried to walk past one of the birds.
Duffy had her camera rolling for her unexpected turkey run.
Neighbors told Duffy the turkeys have been in the area for years and usually scurry away when folks walk by. They say only recently two turkeys broke off from the flock and are intent on standing guard in their own empty lot.
Some people are carrying sticks to frighten off the turkeys, but neighbors say they don’t want any harm to come to them.
They just want friendlier neighbors.
- D’Artagnan on How to Cook a Wild Turkey (thedailymeal.com)
- Free talk offered on wild turkeys in NH (mysanantonio.com)
- The Wild Turkeys Of Berkeley (sfist.com)
- Proof Wild Turkey And Coke Don’t Always Mix [Car Crashes] (jalopnik.com)
- Video: Wild Turkey Terrorizes Reporter (thegloss.com)
- I lived as a turkey for a year (newscientist.com)
This is so incredibly sad to know that this is still happening today. And what’s worse is that these African American men, or should I says boys, have ancestors who were treated this same way simply for being black. Although I do believe this is wrong, no matter who is involved, this is just absolutely pathetic for men of a certain race, one that has come so far fighting for their own civil rights, to act like this.
- [VIDEO] Bully Caught On Camera Beating Gay Classmate While Officials Do Nothing (practikel.com)
- UK: Muslim Gang Brutally Attacks 17-year-old Infidel, Police Treat it as ‘race hate crime’ (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- Gov. Chris Christie Calls Openly Gay NJ Lawmaker A “Numbnuts” (queerty.com)