Monthly Archives: February 2012
A mother is facing harsh criticism (rightfully so), after being accused of injecting her 14-year-old and 16-year-old daughters with heroin and sending them off to school. Shantel Parker is also being accused of selling drugs to the girls’ classmates.
Police became aware of the situation after a witness from the school said that both girls seemed to be under the influences of drugs. Soon after, they got a warrant to search Parker’s home in Laurelville, Ohio, and discovered evidence of drug use.
Parker, who spent two years studying for a nursing degree but never graduated, was not at home when a search warrant was issued.
The 35 year old mother of two was arrested later at OSU Hospital and taken into custody.
Both of the young girls are now in the custody of Hocking County Children Services, while their mother is being held on child abuse, drug abuse, and distribution. Who knows if the list will continue to grow, but I assume so based on the seriousness of this crime.
According to the arrest warrant, Parker is not only accused of injecting the girls this one time, but this has allegedly happened numerous times. Along with this offense, the warrant states that she gave them other drugs as well as attempted to sell some to their classmates.
Sheriff’s deputies said that the children told them their mother started to give them drugs to treat pain for a toothache.
Heroin for a toothache?! I would have never thought of that! Apparently it worked because they seem to have gotten through that pain just fine. All jokes aside, this dip shit mother was booked into jail and charged with two counts of felonious assault, two counts of corrupting another with drugs and two counts of endangering children.
- Police say Ohio mom injected teen kids with heroin (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Link Between Prescription And Illicit Drug Misuse In High-Risk Populations (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Mexican researchers patent heroin vaccine (smh.com.au)
- Faces Of Addiction In Hunts Point, Bronx (buzzfeed.com)
- Scientists Create Vaccine Against Heroin High (addictionts.com)
- Bayonne man accused of dealing heroin brought his 89-year-old mother to the drug deal, cops say (nj.com)
For Reddit’s sprinkles request. Here you go. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBPigGsYb6A
Morgan Freeman’s speech from The Shawshank Redemption. I also do impressions of Alan Alda, Michael Caine, and James Earl Jones.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp_B_p2YjKw
An old co-worker of mine showed me this article and thought I might want to share it with other people. Not only is it absolutely disgusting, but it sheds light on how much progress we have made here in America with gaining equal rights as homosexual citizens in this country. I am in no way condoning or accepting what rights we have now, because until same-sex marriage is legal throughout the country, there is still a prejudice that exists. But, we do need to be happy with the strides we have taken and stand up and help those fighting for their rights, whether they live here in the U.S. or outside of this country. We can’t expect that things change here and then care nothing about other people’s situations changing, like those in Cameroon.
By Divine Ntaryike Jr
Some 10 women accused of indulging in same sex practices have been taken into pre-trial confinement at Ambam, a locality in Cameroon’s administrative South Region. Gendarmes swooped down on the suspects with a wave of arrests launched on February 14, the local public prosecutor’s office reported late Wednesday.
The state-owned Cameroon Radio and Television, CRTV narrated in a radio newscast Wednesday that the “scandal” was triggered following the expression of jealousy by a jilted lesbian. Esther Afan, 39, had tended a secret homosexual relationship with Matilde Essono, 26, for several years.
A couple of months ago, however, Matilde dumped her older lover for another woman. Unable to cope with the feeling of having been so unceremoniously ditched, Esther tactfully sought revenge by confiding in Matilde’s spouse, Martin Essono. He tipped him off about his spouse’s “unorthodox” sexual inclination and her new homosexual relationship.
The intrigued Essono immediately rushed to report the matter to local gendarmes who straightaway launched a probe. For several days, they tailed the unsuspecting Matilde, especially recording her appointments and venues with other women. Once satisfied with their database, they began pouncing on the suspects.
Among the nabbed suspects are women residing as far off as Kye-Ossi, a border town linking Cameroon to Equatorial Guinea and Gabon. Reports indicate homosexuality is skyrocketing at the border intersection town. Homosexuality is illegal in Cameroon and convicts face sentences of between six months and five years as well as fines that can stretch up to a maximum 200,000 CFA francs (about US$400).
Gay rights defender and founder of the founded the Association for the Defense of Homosexuals, Alice Nkom says detainees are frequently tortured in police stations to force them confess. Nkom says homophobia is currently spreading like bush fire in Cameroon. “It’s getting worse. These laws are illegal – the declaration of human rights is part of our constitution – but the judges still apply them.
People accused of homosexuality are put in jail straight away,” she told reporters in November last year after three men were each sentenced to five years in prison for homosexual acts. International rights defenders including Amnesty International have frequently lambasted Cameroon’s homosexuality law, rating it draconian and discriminatory and demanding its abolition. But the authorities have stubbornly turned a deaf ear to such requests.
Last year, the government demanded and successfully obtained the withdrawal of grants allocated the Association for the Defense of Homosexuals by the European Union. Nkom says she has received numerous death threats from fellow lawyers and Cameroonians, as well as a threat from the Ministry of Justice to dismiss her from the country’s roster of legal practitioners.
- Liberia Considers Strengthening Anti-Gay Laws (huffingtonpost.com)
- Ten women arrested in Cameroon for being lesbian (dailymail.co.uk)
- Liberian First Lady Jewel Taylor Submits Bill to Make Homosexuality a Felony with 10-Year Prison Term (towleroad.com)
- Women in Cameroon on gay charges (bbc.co.uk)
- Cameroon jails three men over gay sex (therainbowpost.com)
UPDATE February 28th, 2012 @ 10:10 AM: Demetrius Hewlin, 16, is the third victim to die after this horrendous shooting. His death was reported just hours after the announcement that King had passed. Hopefully, the bad news and deaths will end here, although this is already a horrible outcome.
Frank Hall, assistant football coach at Chardon High School in Chardon, Ohio, is being identified as the brave adult that chased TJ lane outside of the school, which later led to him surrendering and wounding less individuals than he could have.
The impressive part of Jeremy Lin is he’s doing all this with his eyes closed
Okay, while I may not have been the one to originally state this fact, I do agree that this is rather hilarious. And please don’t bombard my comment feed claiming that I’m a racist, because despite what you may think, I simply have a sense of humor. Also, I don’t take this literally and don’t think that Jeremy Lin is running around during an NBA game with his eyes shut, that would just be stupid.
Some fun facts about Mr. Lin:
1. born in Los Angeles on August 23, 1988 to Taiwanese parents who immigrated to the U.S. in the mid-1970s
2. graduated from Harvard University in 2010 and didn’t receive an athletic scholarship (Ivy League schools don’t offer any)
4. In December, 2011, Lin signed on with the Houston Rockets, where he played 7 minutes in two pre-season games. Before the start of the season, the Rockets waived Lin from the team. The NY Knicks picked up the 23-year-old shortly after to serve as a backup for Toney Douglass and Mike Bibby.
5. On February 4th, 2012, Lin was finally able to play and scored and incredible 25 points, 5 rebounds, and 7 assists — all career highs in a 99 – 92 Knicks victory over the NJ Jets.
- WATCH: Fallon’s Ode To Jeremy Lin (huffingtonpost.com)
- Iman Shumpert Was Going To Use Jeremy Lin As Dunk Prop (rantsports.com)
- What if Jeremy Lin Wasn’t an Asian? (sports-central.org)
- Knicks radio announcer disciplined for Lin remark (sportsillustrated.cnn.com)
- Jeremy Lin – the Harvard graduate taking the NBA by storm with the New York Knicks (telegraph.co.uk)
Everyone and their mom have been posting this lately, so I figured I should at least share with all of you. Apparently, Kristin was copying some papers before realizing that they had gone Live and she had nowhere to go. Watch her in the background be incredibly awkward.