Daily Archives: January 3, 2012
I’m really hoping that no high school students read this article and watch this video, because it could very well lead to massive deaths. In high school, drinking was the normal thing to do, and drinking the most was the “cool” thing to do. If I would have been able to make an alcohol vaporizer where you no longer had to taste the liquor, I would be, by far, the coolest girl in school. And honestly, that wouldn’t last long because I’d probably die from alcohol poisoning, seeing as I no longer had anything to hold me back from drinking (I’m sorry, vaporizing). Now that I’m a mature adult (HA!), I could see this being a nice fun way to take a shot, and then switching back to the much more realistic way of taking shots, and getting drunk like a normal person. Being cool is no longer a priority of mine, obviously.
- Questionable Drinking Practice of the Day (tease.thedailywh.at)
- Crazy Drinking Habits: Vodka Eyeballing (odditycentral.com)
- [VIDEO] Man Trains Dog To Fetch Vodka: Most Practical Trick, Yet (practikel.com)
- Alcohol Poisoning and Toxicity with Different Types of Alcohols (healthhype.com)
- Symptoms Of Alcohol Poisoning (mademan.com)
- [VIDEO] Students At High School Are Blindfolded And Tricked Into Kissing Their PARENTS! (practikel.com)
Benjamin Colton Barnes, 24, was suspected of gunning down a young mother of two daughters at the national park near Seattle.
Barnes is believed to have fled to the remote park on Sunday to hide after an earlier shooting at a New Year’s house party near Seattle that wounded four, two critically. Authorities suspect he shot ranger Margaret Anderson later on Sunday.
The SWAT team members were searching for the armed and dangerous man in quite horrendous conditions. They were even equipped with snow shoes to get through the snow and hopefully reach the suspect sooner than later.
Sadly, Barnes seems to be the result of war. He was over in Iraq for some time and has had trouble adjusting to reality here in the states. The young man apparently suffers from post-traumatic stress and at times felt suicidal, according to friends and family.
After a custody dispute with his daughter’s mother, she spoke out about how he had felt and why she had wanted the restraining order against the father of her child.
The woman told authorities he was suicidal and possibly suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder after deploying to Iraq in 2007-2008, and had once sent her a text message saying ‘I want to die.’
It’s tough to see such a young man lose all sight of reality after such a traumatizing experience, but then again, it’s tough to see a young man take the life of a mother, 34-year-old, who also had a husband that worked closely with her as a Rainier ranger as well.
All in all this is a perfect example of how war is a bad idea for the people who are commissioned to go over there and fight a battle they know nothing about as well as the people who are waiting for their return and have no idea what to expect. These soldiers should be given some medical care and attention when coming back from such a horrendous situation. These are usually young boys, with no idea of how to truly cope with the reality of what they see everyday, and we simply accept that they act like men and nothing has phased them.
Barnes’ temper led him to shoot at 4 different people at a house party in front of children. After that, he runs and hides (like he’s been taught to do in the armed forces) and is willing to protect himself at all costs. Unfortunately, the cost was Mrs. Anderson’s life. Many people were ruined on this day.
A plane searching the remote wilderness for Benjamin Colton Barnes, 24, on Monday discovered his body lying face down on the mountain hours from where authorities could get to him.
Anna, 3, Katie, 1, and Barnes child will now forever have lost a parent thanks to the tragedy that was caused (initially) overseas.
- Iraq War Vet Who Shot Park Ranger Freezes to Death in Escape Bid (ibtimes.com)
- Mount Rainier killing suspect found dead in creek (sfgate.com)
- Benjamin Colton Barnes, Iraq War Veteran Suspected Of Killing Park Ranger, Reportedly Found Dead (huffingtonpost.com)
- Man suspected of shooting park ranger from Westfield is believed to have been found dead (nj.com)
- Mt. Rainier Body Is Murder Suspect: Police (people.com)
- Park gunman ‘died from the cold’ (mirror.co.uk)
Drug addicts in a crime-ridden Canadian neighbourhood are being given free crack pipes, it has emerged.
The handouts are part of a ’harm reduction strategy’ aimed at curbing the spread of disease in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside.
Among the items distributed are heat-resistant and shatterproof glass pipes, which experts say should reduce injury to the users’ lips and mouth.
HIV, Hepatitis B and C are among the diseases that are easily spread from drug addicts who are injured by their pieces and then pass them around to fellow users. For now, they have put down $60,000 in a trial project to help bring this community out of the gutter. Along with drug paraphernalia, they also passed out mouthpieces, filters, alcohol swabs, screens and push sticks.
In total, 60,000 kits are expected to be distributed at five locations during an eight-month trial period.
‘What this boils down to is it’s about disease prevention,’ Ms Beutel told the National Post.
They are also able to get some insight into how many crack heads they have roaming their streets, as well as percentages of who is participating in this drug use. Crack has gained popularity in Canada, and seeing as they now get free pipes too, I can imagine crack heads from all over flocking to this area.
- Vancouver health authority begins its free crack pipe program for addicts (news.nationalpost.com)
- Free crack pipes now distributed in Vancouver as part of health strategy (theprovince.com)
- Free crack pipes handed out to Vancouver addicts (canada.com)
- Free crack pipes now distributed in Vancouver (windsorstar.com)
- Vancouver Canada Giving Out Free Crack Pipes (hiphopwired.com)
I cried like a little baby. This is amazing.
One cannot help but be moved to tears by this amazing young man; Sung-bong Choi.
When Sung-bong decided to sing on the Talent Show “Korea‘s Got Talent” he had no idea that he would win the hearts of millions all over the world!
His story of his childhood is so moving that even the judges had a hard time keeping their composure.
He told the judges that even though he didn’t think he could sing very well, he sang because it made him happy.
They couldn’t have been more surprised.
- [VIDEO] The Human Dolphin: Unbelievable (practikel.com)
- Amog Presents: How to feed the homeless (amog.com)
- Korea’s Got Talent! Sung-bong Choi! (meddlingmom.wordpress.com)
- Two Charged After They Videotape Themselves Beating Homeless Man (dreamindemon.com)
- Choi Sung Bong confesses that he tried to commit suicide (allkpop.com)